http

 

Notre Centre
 

Société historique
 
Communauté

District des Services Locaux DSL/LSD
 
Musée des Pionniers
 
Club Chasse & Pêche

Sentier Pluriel
 

Paroisse
 
Club D'Âge d'Or
 

Le p'tit Soleil
  

Centre d'accès
 
Fond de bourse
 
École
 
Tourisme
 
Aide



 

Retourner à la page d'accueil

 

Le Musée des Pionniers


         
     

        MUSÉE DES PIONNIERS IN GRANDE-DIGUE

          Situated at 468 route 530, exit 7  route 11

          Open 1st July to August 31st , every day from 9am to 5 pm

             Tel: (506) 532- 1572   

     

The museum was founded in 1988 to preserve artefacts. The first building was a a chapel made in souvenir of the chapel built here in 1788. Then the museum acquired and renovated a school(1880), a barn(1890) and a lighthouse(1912). These heritage buildings now shelter artefacts, once, used by the pioneers. The pioneers were the Acadians who, 20 years after the dispersion of 1755 were still searching for land and a place to stay.

 Lacking everything, they had to make tools, buildings and furniture, cultivate and  preserve the fruits of the land, know all the trades; they were ingeneous. Moreover, they showed the trades to their children and grand children as a way to survival. Although the ancestors favored basic education provided by the village schools, for their children, it was remarkable to see how religious activities were dominant in their everyday lives.

Living at a time when travel and hard work was done by  horse, it was not surprising but apalling  to see how,  for them, the horse was regarded as a  respected animal.

 

Fallow this link for the - 
DEVELOPMENT  OF MUSÉE DES PIONNIERS

 

 

Haut de la page  













 
liens.gif (543 bytes)
* Musée Virtuel des Pionniers